Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Quilt Market From Afar

Ok folks, on with the fun stuff!  As you know,  I am missing Market this fall.  I cancelled the Jillily Studio booths, but I was still in charge of designing and preparing the Henry Glass booth.  I had been working on it since May, and it was mostly done when I found out that I would not be going.  So I finished everything up and sent it off in a crate and some boxes.  The good folks at Henry Glass put the whole thing together.

I did send them some instructions, that started out like this:

Ha ha ha.  You have to keep your sense of humor!  I usually set up the booth, with help from the HG gals, but they are not exactly proficient with power tools.  So this time I had it all built and ready to just pop up into place!  (theoretically)  

I'm sure they had to make a few adjustments here and there, and then they did all the "fluffy" stuff, putting quilts and fabric and props around to make it cute!  They did a fabulous job, and turned out even better than I imagined.  Here are a few pics of the set up and finished product.


Aren't those corrugated metal walls awesome?  My son-in-law, Riley built them for me.  I drew them up and went shopping for supplies with Riley and Talia, and this is how it turned out!

Here is the outside of the wall sections during set up.   This area was to display the projects from the new HG book,  "A Flair for Fabric."   
That's a lot of projects!  And some of them are not even there.  What a fun book!  It comes out in November, so be sure to get your copy at your local quilt shop.

The other corner of the booth was decked out in cowboy gear.  We had some bales of straw that are topped with a saddle and a few cowboy hats.  A few quilts add some color.  


Next are a few photos of the general Quilt Market.
The next photo is over at the Aurifil booth.  Here is my new Sunday Best runner and Sunday Best thread collection.  I chose these thread colors because they are the ones I use mostly on my machine for piecing.  Some basic neutrals like tan, cream, gray and taupe.  And then of course, black and white.  And to round it off, I added navy blue, dark red and greens. 


These colors will also go perfectly with my new winter fabric collection that is coming out next year.  I'll show you more about that later.

Here is one photo that I asked a friend to send to me.  At Quilt Market every year, there is an IQA judged quilt show.  It is always so inspiring to walk through and see these beautiful show quilts.  This year I was looking forward to it even more than usual--since I was a juror for the show.  Back in June we met together and juried the quilts into the show.  There were so many fabulous entries!!


I couldn't wait to see them all hung together, and see the winners in each category.   (Things don't always go as planned.)   If you went to the show, I would love to hear all about it!

Well, that's all I know about Quilt Market.  I have some new projects to show you next week.

Bye for now.



7 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Great post. I didn't realize you designed quilt booths. Way cool. Great job too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I'm sorry to hear you can't be at Market. The booth looks great!! Praying for your total recovery! Cancer sucks!

Helen L said...

I love the pictures, and your booth is just fantastic!! What a great idea and I love the metal walls!! Great job!! Can't wait to see the book too!! I hope and pray for your speedy recovery. Take care!! Hugs, H in HeaLDSburg.

Rosa said...

Great pics and tour booth is stunning ,there are many eye candy!

Jan Marie said...

Your booth design was so cute. I bet your jillily booth was missed. It is always so awesome.

Mary said...

Many good wishes for successful treatment of your breast cance. Your designs are lovely so I hope you'll spend time with family and friends and plan a few new quilts. Be good to yourself as you deserve it!

Lee said...

What a great booth! My prayers are with you!