Sunday, February 16, 2014

A "Twirl-y" Swirly Snowy Mountain


Winter is beautiful.  But I bet many of my friends in the eastern US are getting tired of it about now.  This is the time of year that we start thinking about the breath of fresh air that Spring will bring us.  
As I was coming out of the grocery store the other day, the sun was going down and everything had that rosy glow.  I looked up at the mountains and the snowy peaks looked as if they had been covered with pink frosting.  Now that is the way to enjoy snow!  Up there on the mountain, where I can look at it! 


It is just the right color to go with my newest fabric collection--WHICH JUST ARRIVED!


FINALLY!

Meet "Twirl"

This collection was a lot of fun to do, because it is a little bit different than what I usually do.  A sweet group for little dancers--in pinks, greens, and grays, with a bit of black to set it off.  

My camera just doesn't do this collection justice.  It is just so cute.  I will post some more photos when I get the fat quarters cut.  I have to cut some kits, too. I will post more about that later.  



So Twirl is a small collection:

   Three pieces of ballet shoes on a subtle stripe--gray, green, and pink. 
(The colors don't look very good in these photos, but they are much nicer in person!)
Three pieces with ballerinas-- 
pink, gray and green. 
 Three pieces with ballet terms like "plie"  and "tondu"  and "first position"  etc.

This one is in black, pink, and white.

That's all of the Twirl collection, but there is more.
I have a new basics collection that will add coordinating pieces to all my lines, and will always be available.  Here are the first few pieces of Jams and Jellies--in coordinating colors to go with Twirl.

There's a houndstooth in pink, gray and green. . . 


A vine in green, white and black. . .


A beautiful damask print in gray, black and pink. . .


And some fun polka-dots in gray, green and pink.


Here is the whole group together.  






I have some fun projects planned with this group, I can't wait to get sewing!

11 comments:

Helen L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen L said...

I love your jams and jellies: especially the houndstooth and the damask is swoon-worthy!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Donna said...

Lovely fabric! I am in love with the soft, pretty colors.

Charmaine McLaughlin said...

This line is totally fabulous!! I am writing a pattern for a little girls twirly skirt that is pieced with 12 different panels of fabric. I recently made one for a friend who ordered one for her darling 3-yr-old to wear to her ballet class. Wouldn't this be perfect?!!! Can we order directly from you?

Jodi Connors (Mountain Gurl Quilts) said...

Oh my goodness! Finally a designer with grays, do you know how long I have been waiting for fabric with gray! Thanks so much for these cute fabrics. I cannot wait until they are released!

Blessings,
Jodi
mtnfamily2013@yahoo.com

Rosa said...

Anyone is just beautiful.Hard to choose only one favorite!

Melanie Posell said...

I've been impatiently waiting for this line to be available. I desperately want to make my daughter a dance bag out of it! Good timing too since her dance bag just ripped a giant hole in it last week. ;) can't wait to get my hot little hands on it.

Jillily Studio said...

Yes! You can order on my website.

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Really beautiful fabric, wish I had a little girl to sew for. Thanx, L

Sinta Renee said...

Gorgeous line of fabrics here! I am crazy about the houndstooth!!!

Southern Gal said...

My ballerina granddaughter would love this collection. You've captured the essence of ballet for little girls in fabric. Beautiful.